Please write to Jason Zuidema at email@example.com for information on registration.
Hilton Hotel, Stamford, CT
Room Nights are available for a reasonable rate at a neighboring hotel:
We have reserved a room block at the The Hampton Inn & Suites at 26 Mill River Street, Stamford, CT 06902. The hotel website is here. The phone number for booking is: 203-353-9855 (room under NAMMA or North American Maritime Ministry Association - You must call in to reserve).
Room rate is $150USD/night (internet, parking, and breakfast included).
For more information or for registration, contact NAMMA Executive Director Jason Zuidema @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Today, the CMA is the largest commercial shipping association in the United States, which means that leaders of industry and government enthusiastically attend to share their ideas, voice concerns and explore answers to today’s new issues.
Though the CMA has activities year-round, their main meeting is the SHIPPING conference held every March in Stamford, CT. With 130 exhibitors and 2,500 attendees, this conference helps to keep up-to-date with the latest trends in the shipping world.
The regular conference registration costs might be out of reach to staff of seafarers' welfare non-profit organizations.
Yet, besides the generous invitation for NAMMA to have some guests visit the exhibition hall, the CMA Shipping 2018 organizers have allowed us to take part in specific regular sessions on seafarers' welfare and also have our own conference room to organize a complete program of special sessions specifically for seafarers’ welfare personnel.
Though participants can participate if they pay for their own travel and lodging, we are pleased to announce that other generous sponsors have funded our program and food to make this dynamic parallel conference free for NAMMA members. We are pleased that we already have confirmation of participation from many of NAMMA's members and partners.
(Sunday, Mar. 11, 2017)
(5 p.m.- 7 p.m. - NAMMA Board meeting part 1 (in Hampton Inn & Suites, Stamford)
(7 p.m. - Free night (dinner not provided)
Monday, Mar. 12, 2017
-8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - NAMMA Board meeting part 2 (in Hampton Inn & Suites, Stamford)
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. - lunch break (lunch not provided)
- 1 p.m. - transfer to Hilton Hotel for CMA Shipping 2018 parallel sessions - (free shuttle bus from Hampton to Hilton hotel available) - on arrival at Hilton proceed to CMA exhibition space registration to get guest badge (note: other NAMMA members and partners joining at this time) and to NAMMA booth 103A for more information
- 1:30 p.m. - Session 1 - ELM room
- 2:45 p.m. - break
- 3:15 p.m. - Session 2 - ELM room
- 4:30 p.m. - End of free exhibition space time (must leave Hilton hotel exhibitor area)
- 4:30 p.m. - return to Hampton hotel/free night (dinner not provided)
Tuesday, Mar. 13, 2017
- 9 a.m. - transfer to Hilton Hotel
- 9:30 a.m. - Session 3 - ELM room
- 10:45 a.m. - break
- 11:15 a.m. - Session 4 - ELM room
- 11:30 - 1 p.m. - lunch (lunch provided)
- 1:00 p.m. - Session 5 - ELM room
- 2:45 p.m. - break
- 3:00 p.m. - Session 6 - ELM room
- 4:30 p.m. - end of parallel sessions to CMA Shipping
- 4:30 p.m. - cocktail reception at CMA Shipping open to exhibitor guests as well