Due to the generous support of sponsors, we can offer support to all NAMMA members and partners. Please write to Jason Zuidema @ email@example.com for information on applying for this support.
Hilton Hotel, Stamford, CT
For more information or for registration, contact NAMMA Executive Director Jason Zuidema @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Today, the CMA is the largest commercial shipping association in the United States, which means that leaders of industry and government enthusiastically attend to share their ideas, voice concerns and explore answers to today’s new issues.
Though the CMA has activities year-round, their main meeting is the SHIPPING conference held every March in Stamford, CT. With 130 exhibitors and 2,500 attendees, this conference helps to keep up-to-date with the latest trends in the shipping world.
The regular conference registration costs might be out of reach to staff of seafarers' welfare non-profit organizations.
Yet, besides the generous invitation for NAMMA to have some guests visit the exhibition hall, the CMA Shipping 2017 organizers have allowed us to take part in specific regular sessions on seafarers' welfare and also have our own conference room to organize a complete program of special sessions specifically for seafarers’ welfare personnel.
Though participants can participate if they pay for their own travel and lodging, we are pleased to announce that other generous sponsors have funded our program and food to make this dynamic parallel conference free for NAMMA members and that a limited number of travel bursaries were made available. We are pleased that we already have confirmation of participation from many of NAMMA's members and partners.
Mar. 20, 2017
Sessions 1 and 2 - Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Programs in the Maritime World: A Workshop for First Responders- Speaker: Helen Archontou (MSW, LSW) CEO of YWCA, Bergen County, NJ
- special presentation of new SAPR materials
- Dr. Kaimei Zhang - "Serving Chinese Seafarers"
- Amos Kuje - "Seafarers' Welfare in Nigeria"
- Caitlin Vaughan - "SeafarerHelp and the Port Welfare Partnership Project"
- Dr. Wendy Cadge - "Impact studies and new research programs for seafarers' welfare"
- Dr. Michael Skaggs "Seafarers' welfare library programs"
Lunch break (sponsored by Brightwell Payments)
Special Session - CMA
- RADM Steve Poulin, First District Coast Guard Commander
- Christina DeSimone, FutureCare
- Capt. Patrick Dahlgren, VP, Marine Operations, Celebrity Cruises, Inc.
- Jason Zuidema (NAMMA)
Session 5 - ELM
- Jennifer Koenig Breen (SCI New York & New Jersey)
- Ben Bailey (Mission to Seafarers)
- 10:00 a.m. - Session 6 - ELM
- 11:30 p.m. - End of special seminar program