Due to the generous support of sponsors, we can offer registration bursaries to all NAMMA members and partners. Please write to Jason Zuidema @ firstname.lastname@example.org for information on applying for this bursary.
ELM Room - Hilton Hotel Stamford, CT
Though participants are free to try to book at the regular Hilton hotel ($185 + tax) or other hotels in the area, we have reserved a block at the Hampton Inn for a better rate that also includes free breakfast, parking, wifi and a shuttle bus to the conference hotel a few blocks away.
Hampton Inn & Suites
26 Mill River Street
Stamford, Ct. 06902
Room block cost: $150USD + tax
Available nights: Sunday 20, Monday 21, Tuesday 22, Wednesday 23, March
Cut-off date: March 5
Group code: NAM
Phone number: (203) 353-9855
For more information or for registration, contact NAMMA Executive Director Jason Zuidema @ email@example.com
Today, the CMA is the largest commercial shipping association in the United States, which means that leaders of industry and government enthusiastically attend to share their ideas, voice concerns and explore answers to today’s new issues.
Though the CMA has activities year-round, their main meeting is the SHIPPING conference held every March in Stamford, CT. With 130 exhibitors and 2,500 attendees, this conference helps to keep up-to-date with the latest trends in the shipping world.
The regular conference registration costs might be out of reach to staff of seafarers' welfare non-profit organizations.
Yet, besides the generous invitation for NAMMA to have some guests visit the exhibition hall, the CMA Shipping 2017 organizers have allowed us to take part in specific regular sessions on seafarers' welfare and also have our own conference room to organize a complete program of special sessions specifically for seafarers’ welfare personnel.
Though participants can participate if they pay for their own travel and lodging, we are pleased to announce that other generous sponsors have funded our program and food to make this dynamic parallel conference free for NAMMA members and that a limited number of travel bursaries were made available. We are pleased that we already have confirmation of participation from many of NAMMA's members and partners.
Mar. 20, 2017
- 12:30 -1:30 p.m. - Seminar Registration- (collect badge from CMA registration and then proceed to NAMMA booth 103A)
- 1:30-4:15 p.m. - Sessions 1 and 2 - ELM - Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Programs in the Maritime World: A Workshop for First Responders - Speaker: Helen Archontou (MSW, LSW) CEO of YWCA, Bergen County, NJ
- 4:15 p.m.- special presentation of new SAPR materials
- 4:30 p.m. end (NB - after 4:30 p.m. is for paid CMA Shipping 2017 guests only)
- 9:15 a.m. - Session 3 - ELM
- 10:45 a.m. - Session 4 - ELM
- 12:15 p.m. - lunch break (provided by NAMMA)
- 1 p.m. - Special Session - CMA conference room
- 3:30 p.m. - Session 5 - ELM
- 5:30 p.m. Evening cocktail
- 9:30 a.m. - Session 5 - ELM
- 10:45 a.m. - Session 6 - ELM
- 11:15 p.m. - End of special seminar program